Friday, May 2, 2014

Donate my car to pay asbestos lawyer

We've got an old clunker car just sitting there getting more clunkie, so I thought about donating it, but I have second thoughts, because no one should try to put it back on the road.

So the other option is to scrap it. Which is something I don't want to think about because I used to work at a car recycling factory. It's not due to bad memories, its due to future health concerns. The air quality in this factory was dismal, but every time OSHA came in for monitoring, somehow the air quality was pristine that day only.

Because it was cars that were being shredded, the dust clouds of course contained brake and clutch linings which contain the dreaded asbestos, sometimes the dust was so thick that it would darken the factory lights in the 100 foot tall building.



Of course I have contacted asbestos lawyers or mesothelioma lawyers but they don't want to be bothered unless you have already been diagnosed with mesothelioma, which as of yet (fingers, toes, eyes crossed) I have not.

So the clunker will just keep on clunkin.

Now on a brighter note here's a pic of one sweet non clunker ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment